Defending Officers, Directors and Corporations
The firm often works with leading law firms in defending officers, directors or corporations in stockholder litigation, or in representing directors, officers and corporations in advancement and indemnification litigation. Such representations include the defense of:
- TransCanada Corporation, in litigation arising out of its acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group, Inc.
- Envestnet, Inc., in litigation arising out of its acquisition of Yodlee, Inc.
- Affiliates of Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, S.A., in litigation arising out of the acquisition of Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc.
- NTELOS Holdings Corp. in an action challenging its merger with Shenandoah Telecommunications Company
- Aligned Founders, LLC, in a books and records action filed by an equityholder
- Certain directors and officers of Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., in litigation challenging the acquisition of the company
- The CEO of El Paso Corporation, in litigation challenging the acquisition of the company
- Harbinger Group Inc., as nominal defendant in a stockholder derivative action over its acquisition of a majority interest in Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
- A member of the board of directors of GSI Commerce, Inc., in litigation challenging a proposed transaction with eBay Inc.
- Bioalliance Pharma SA and one of its officers, in a case against them dismissed by the Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Former directors and officers of Advanced Polymer Sciences, Inc., in a case against them dismissed by the Delaware District Court
- The members of the board of directors of Atmel Corporation, in litigation challenging modifications to a shareholder rights plan
- The members of a special committee of directors of XO Holdings, Inc., in litigation arising out of a proposed sale of assets by the company
- Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, Inc., in a stockholder action for inspection of books and records
- Citigroup Global Markets, Inc., in a stockholder class and derivative action
- Certain former directors of Tele-Communications, Inc., in litigation arising out of its merger with a subsidiary of AT&T Corp.
- UBS Securities, LLC, in shareholder litigation challenging its investment in the Philadelphia Stock Exchange
- The Walt Disney Corporation, as nominal defendant in a shareholder derivative action arising from the hiring and termination of Michael Ovitz
- Certain former directors of HBOC, Inc., in litigation arising out of its merger with McKesson Corporation
Friedlander & Gorris, P.A.
1201 N. Market Street,
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
T: 302 573 3500
F: 302 573 3501