Friedlander & Gorris, P.A. is a litigation boutique focusing on corporate law litigation, alternative entity disputes, commercial litigation, and federal securities law cases in Delaware state and federal courts.
The firm was founded in 1996 as Lamb & Bouchard, P.A. It was renamed Bouchard & Friedlander, P.A. in 1997, when Stephen Lamb became Vice Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery. The firm’s current name dates to 2014, when Andre Bouchard became Chancellor of the Court of Chancery.
From its inception, the firm has litigated against, and worked as co-counsel with, the most prestigious national law firms. Our clients are typically referred to us by counsel knowledgeable about the Delaware legal market and the Delaware Court of Chancery. We bring to every case a high level of partner involvement, devotion to the highest standards of written and oral advocacy, and a willingness to litigate cases through trial.
Benchmark Litigation recognized us as “Delaware Firm of the Year” for 2015 and 2017, and rates us as “Highly Recommended.” Chambers USA designates us as “Band 1” and describes us as an “esteemed litigation boutique.”
- obtained the largest cash settlement in the history of the Court of Chancery, $275 million
- obtained a $98 million final judgment, affirmed on appeal, against RBC Capital Markets, LLC
- defended the members of the Court of Chancery in their official capacity in litigation challenging the constitutionality of a state statute
- defended the Governor of Delaware in litigation brought by the major sports leagues to invalidate sports betting in Delaware
- represented Trinity Wall Street in an action under SEC Rule 14a-8 against Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. respecting the sale of guns with high-capacity magazines; while the litigation was pending before the United States Supreme Court, Wal-Mart discontinued the sale of such products
Various representations in which the current partners of the firm have had a substantial role are described on the practice area sections of our website in reverse chronological order. We invite you to learn more about us by browsing this site, or by contacting us by phone or email. We are always willing to discuss retentions on a contingent or non-traditional basis that aligns our compensation with the client’s economic objectives.
Friedlander & Gorris, P.A.
1201 N. Market Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
T: 302 573 3500
F: 302 573 3501